The Nine Theses of Ethical Ironicism
- Any non-trivial system of beliefs is bound to be riddled with absurdities.
- So a person who must take himself seriously at all times is either a simpleton or morbidly attached to his ignorance.
- We make an exception for those whose benign obsessions are so manifestly and magnificently ridiculous they clearly must be saints.
- Nobody laughs at a joke they don't understand.
- So a person who laughs at himself is on the path to enlightenment.
- Nobody can truly love another unless he truly knows the other. Nobody can truly know another without knowing the full measure of their absurdity.
- Therefore verily I say unto you that Love is Absurdity.
- And God is Love.
- And therefore God is Absurdity, and Absurdity, God.